Dog Sled Race Changes for 2015
You will notice some changes in downtown Kearney this year if you are a returning musher or spectator to the Dog Sled Races in February 2015…
- Main St in Downtown Kearney, between Lakeview and the LCBO at Rain Lake Rd will be closed to vehicular traffic during the weekend, as it will become the Sprint Dog Yard
- The Mid-distance Dog Yard will be relocated to the top portion of the empty lot at the corner of Main St and Rain Lake Rd
- **The Ski-jorers will parallel park along Lakeview Ave to be closer to the action than they have been in recent years
- The Kearney Community Centre (KCC) parking lot will house the Outdoor BBQ, but will otherwise be available for spectator parking (volunteer parking will still be located behind Fetterley’s Garage). Please respect identified wheel chair parking spaces near the main doors.
- **The Chain Saw Carving demonstration will be near the KCC, in front of 15 Main St
- The Start Line has moved farther downtown, across the street from the LCBO, near the Town dock and the races will finish on the empty lot opposite this, with the teams turning down off the Seguin Snowmobile Trail behind the Kearney General Store
- The Kids Activities will be located at the northeast corner of Rain Lake Rd and King William St, just a little past the Mid-distance Dog Yard
- New this year, an Igloo building demonstration will be taking place in the churchyard of the old Anglican Church, now Nostalgia Antiques, at the northwest corner of Rain Lake Rd and King William St
- Inside the KCC, you will still find the Gee Haw Café, Silent Auction, Souvenirs table, Chain Saw Carving Raffle tickets, and our Market Place Vendors.