Welcome to Kearney Dog Sled Race Weekend!
Visitor Entry and Parking are Free!
As a visitor to the annual Kearney Dog Sled Races, we hope that you have a wonderful experience in Kearney and choose to return again not only in the winter but throughout other seasons too. Kearney provides a four-season experience with winter activities like the Kearney Dog Sled Races, spectacular fall colour sightseeing adventures, spring fishing and of course summer holiday experiences, like canoeing in Algonquin Park and the annual Kearney Regatta. During spring and fall, ATVing on local trails can be quite the adventure when the days are still warm and the nights are a little cooler. Kearney is also the hub for snowmobiling in the wintertime.
Below you’ll find useful information for visitors along with local accommodations and services.
Helpful notes for new visitors
- Please leave your pets at home for your/their safety and for the safety of others. These race dogs are highly energetic and know that they are about to race so they are in a heightened state of excitement. Please ask the musher or handler’s permission before approaching any dog.
- We ask that you stay off of the race course at all times and remember that the dog teams have the right of way.
- Photographers are always welcome but there are dangers to mushers, dogs and to the public if you are on the trail. Please check in at the Registration Table to see what we request of photographers in order to keep everyone safe!
- We invite you to stop into the Legion for a snack at DJ’s Bar and Grill. Check out the selection of silent auction items and pick up a KDSR Souvenir inside. There will also be outdoor vendors and lots of mushers to visit with!
- Stroll through Kearney to see what the community has to offer and enjoy the outdoor activities going on alongside the race events.
Discover local businesses and services in the Kearney area in the lists below or by visiting the Town of Kearney website at www.townofkearney.com
Local Services for Visitors
Kearney offers a variety of local businesses and services. If your looking for a place to stay, a place to eat or even just where to get gas or supplies, you'll find it in the lists below. For more details about local services for visitors please click on the title or business in the lists below for contact information and directions.
- Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Suite Hunstville
- Edgewater Park Lodge
- Scarlett Point Resort
- Algonquin Woods
- Arrowhead Inn
- Cutters Cove Cottages
- Fern Glen Inn – Bed & Breakfast
- Northridge Inn & Resort
- Duins Pine Ridge Resort
- Sand Lake Cottages & Inn
- Silversands Family Resort
- Tulip Inn
- Algonquin Hemlock Point
- Edgewater Park Lodge
- H. White Memorial Legion
- Kearney Trailside Cookhouse
- Fork on Main
- Pitstop 518
- Red Canoe